Even my partial list of references is too long to fit here so you will need to click on the attached word file.
Some of what is in the word file is shown below.
References and Bibliography (Partial List)
Sorry for the multiple formats but it allows me to find things. If I realized my first letter would develop into years of effort, I would have set up a database and used traditional formatting.
The letter identification switches to numbers.
References using letters
(a) Supplement to the State Implementation Plan for Washington State, Plan for Attaining and Maintaining National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Ozone in Central Puget Sound, January 1993, Amendments June 1994
(b) Sea-Tac Airport Master Plan Update Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS), 1995
(c) Engineer's Personal Assessment of the Sea-Tac Airport Master Plan Update Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS) - Proposed Third Runway, The United States' Most Expensive, Limited Capacity Runway, incorporated into FEIS response appendix.
(d) Sea-Tac Airport Master Plan Update Final Environmental Impact Statement (FEIS), 1996
(e) "State of WA Puget Sound Regional Council Final Noise Decision on Noise Issues", dated 27 March 1996 (bolded by author to emphasize legal title)
(f) Comments on the Draft General Conformity for the Sea-Tac Airport Runway and Associated Development Projects, A. M. Brown dated April 30 1996
(g) Technical Report #8 prepared by P&D Aviation for Port of Seattle.
(h) Testimony at the Congressional Aviation Subcommittee Hearing by nationally known economist Dr. Lynn O. Michaelis, held March 18, 1996
(i) Testimony at the Congressional Aviation Subcommittee Hearing by air transportation expert, Dr. Stephen Hockaday, held March 18, 1996
(j) Study submitted to FAA by Envirometrics, Dr. Ruby, Smith Engineering & Management, Cutler & Stanfield, dated 6 June 1996
(k) Implementation of an LDA/DME Approach to Runway 16R in lieu of a Third Runway at Sea-Tac, prepared by G. Bogan & Associates, Inc. dated 26 June 1995 (presumably submitted as comment to Draft EIS)
(l) Letter To PSRC President Doug Sutherland, From Pork Patrol, Al Furney, Chair, dated 12 June 1996 - in June 3-19,1996 PSRC correspondence package
(m) "City, State Forces Wrangle over Third Chicago Airport, Aviation Week & Space Technology, 8 April 1996
(n) GAO/RCED-95-35BR (Government Accounting Office)
(o) "Finally ! It's Here (Denver International Airport Opens), Newsweek, 6 March 1995
(p) "Denver International Airport - Economic aspects", Travel Weekly, 2 February 1995 v54, n9, p4
(q) "Montreal Airport never got quite off the ground" Times 15 April 1996 - in PSRC Correspondence package dated June 21-26,1996
(r) Comments regarding adding the part time dependent runway to the MTP. To D. Sutherland PSRC, From A. Brown, dated 15 June 1996 - in PSRC Correspondence package 3-19 June 1996. Special Note the cover letter enclosed a copy of 25 pages of comments dated 11 June 1996. These comments were hand delivered to the PSRC with the CASE comments on June 11,1996 so the July 19,1996v date is incorrect with respect to the pages labeled 1/25 and so on.
(s) "Comments on Public Comment Meeting June 27,1996 - Topic: Proposed Addendum to the 1995 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP) to include the Third Runway", To D. Sutherland & PSRC Executive Board, From A. Brown, dated 7 July 1996 - in PSRC Correspondence package July 10-11, 1996 (enclosure 3 in this Port Appeal letter of August 1996)
(t) Expert Noise Arbitration Panel Hearing December 1994
(u) FAA Hearing, Sea-Tac Airport, June 1995
(v) PSRC Executive Boarding Meeting and Public Testimony, June 1996
(w) Letter (Supplement to FEIS Comments, "Draft conformity analysis does not support your conclusion that the project conforms to the State Implementation Plan"), To D. Ossenkop of FAA, cc Hinkel of Port, From U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, dated 6 June 1996
(x) Letter To PSRC, From D. DesMarais, dated 8 July 1996 - in PSRC Correspondence package June 26 - July 9, 1996
(y) "Executive Board Order, dated April 25,1995", To PSRC, From Ravenna- Bryant Community Association, dated 8 May 1996 - in PSRC Correspondence package June 21-26, 1996
(z) Letter, To PSRC, From A. Brown, dated 10 April 1996 - in PSRC Correspondence package April 3-15, 1996
(aa) "Draft Amendment to MTP -- Third Sea-Tac Runway, June 10, 1996 Order", To PSRC, From North East District Council, dated 28 June 1996 - in PSRC correspondence package June 26 - July 9, 1996.
(bb) Letter, To D. Hinson of FAA, From R. Akers, dated 28 May 1996 - in PSRC correspondence package May 23-29, 1996.
(cc) ECO-088, To D. Ossenkop of FAA, From R. Parkin of U. S. EPA, dated 18 March 1996 - in PSRC correspondence package April 3-15, 1996.
(dd) Response to Requests for Supplemental Review, Addendum to the Flight Plan Project FEIS (1992) and Proposed Master Plan Update Development Actions at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Final EIS (1996), PSRC, 10 July 1996.
(ee) Letter, To PSRC, From City of Normandy Park, dated 9 April 1996 - PSRC correspondence package April 3-15,1996.
(ff) "PSRC's Resolution (A-93-03) and it's Impact on Related Legislation", To PSRC, From H. J. Frause, dated 1 April, 1996 - in PSRC correspondence package April 3-15,1996.
(gg) City of SeaTac Public Works Permit PWD0115-96, Parcel 282304-9016, Issued 6/20/96, Expiration 12/17/96, Contractor Segale, Signed by Bruce Rayburn
(hh) "Number of Dirt Trucks Will Increase, Third Runway", by V. Nordstrom, Highline News, 10 August 1996
(ii) "Study: Bigger airport means more poor kids", Highline News, 7 August 1996, page A7
(jj) "Three Killed, 2 Hurt in SeaTac Wreck", Highline News, 7 August 1996. page A1
(kk) "Airlines Draw Battle lines o n User fee", Seattle Times, 19 June 1996, page D1
(ll) "FAA Plans to Publish Draft Addendum to 1976 Agency Noise Policy by September", Airport Noise Weekly, Volume 8, Number 11, dated 10 June 1996, page 81-82.
(mm) "Briefing Book", Environmental Conservation Division, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Fisheries Service, NOAA, January 1994 (entire book but especially page 24)
(nn) "Programs and Accomplishments", Utilization Research Division, Northwest Fisheries Science Center, National Marine Fisheries Service, Seattle, WA, May 1995.
(oo) "Our Living Oceans, Report on the Status of U.S. Living Marine Resources", Unites States Dept. of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, National Marine Fisheries Service, 1995
(pp) "Transfer of Land for Runway Underway", Airport Noise Report, Volume 8, Number 12, 8 July 1996, page 94.
(qq) "Dramatic Drop in our infant mortality rate", Post-Intelligencer, 2 August 1996, pages C1, C4
(rr) "ATA Questions Validity of Airport Construction Needs Study; Says Adequate Funds Exist for Necessary Airport Projects", ATA News, Air Transport Authority of America, 20 March 1996
(ss) "Rockwell has won back the Global Positioning System (GPS) satellite contract", The Composites & Adhesives Newsletter, July-September 1996, page 3.
(tt) "Notice of Decision by the Port of Seattle", Public Notices, Seattle Times, 8 August 1996
(uu) "Air Pollution, Council's report based on Epidemiological study", by R. Kassel, National Resources Department Council Urban Environmental Program Sr. Attorney, Post-Intelligencer, 16 June 1996, page E3.
(vv) "Flying Off-Course: Environmental Impact of America's Airports", National Resource Defense Council, October 1996
(ww) "Waste Clean Up, Safe and Sound?", Highline News, 23 November 1996, pages A1, A7 (additional information supplied by a participant)
(xx) "Third Runway Battle, The Big Dirt Haul", Highline News, 16 November 1996, pages A1, A2 (Shows map of potential haul routes referenced in FEIS (ref. d))
(yy) Engineering Principles of Ground Modifications, by Manfred R. Hausman, McGraw-Hill Publishing Company, New York
(zz) Soils in Construction, Third Edition, by W/. L. Schroeder Prentice Hall, New Jersey
(aaa) "Sea-Tac Third Runway to get its fill of dirt", Seattle Times 15 August 1996 pages A1, A19 (runway 14 feet below FEIS assumptions)
(bbb) Letter to FAA. D. Ossenkop, From Mary Riveland, Director WA DOE, dated 20 December 1996
(ccc) 49 U.S.C, 47101 et. seq. (formerly Airport and Airway Improvement Act, Section 509, paragraph (7) (A))
(ddd) Washington State Legislature Release, " South King County Lawmakers Question Approval of the Third Runway Plan", dated 20 December 1996.
(eee) "DOE Gives OK to Runway", Highline News, Page A7, December 21,1996
(fff) " Dust Emissions at North SeaTac Park", Puget Sound Air Pollution Control Agency Notice of Violation No. 35809, Registration No. P371603874-75, Regulation I, Section 9.15 (a) : Emission of Fugitive Dust without use of best available control technology, 8 August 1996
(ggg) Letter regarding Snow Equipment Storage Shed Environmental Checklist and Determination of Nonsignificance, From Port of Seattle, Barbara Hinkle to Debi DesMarais, 25 July 1996
(hhh) "Asbestos Delays North SeaTac Work", Highline News, 13 July 1996, page A8
(iii) "Plane Crashes at SeaTac", Highline News, 24 August 1996, page A1
(jjj) "Girl Struck, dies in I-5 Jam Detour", Highline News, 4 September 1996, page A1
(kkk) "Infant Death Rates Still Higher Here", Highline News, 6 October 1996, page A3
(lll) FAA report "Impact of Boeing Field Interactions on the Benefits of the new proposed runway." Feb. 1993
(mmm) "Draft Sea-Tac Mitigation Study", Burien - Airport Assistance and Mitigation Studies, Hellmuth, Obata and Kassabaum (HOK), 21 October 1996, Final to be released March 1997
(nnn) Appeal of the Adequacy of the FEIS for the Proposed Master Plan Update Development Actions at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Filed by City of Sea-Tac
(ooo) Appeal of the Adequacy of the FEIS for the Proposed Master Plan Update Development Actions at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Filed by Akers
(ppp) Appeal of the Adequacy of the FEIS for the Proposed Master Plan Update Development Actions at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Filed by Cities of Des Moines, Burien, Federal Way, Normandy Park and Tukwila, Highline School District 401, Airport Communities Coalition
(qqq) Lawsuit filed by Cutler & Stanfield, Filed by Cities of Des Moines, Burien, Federal Way, Normandy Park and Tukwila, Highline School District 401, Airport Communities Coalition
(rrr) Earth Pressures and Retaining Walls, Whitney Huntington, John Wiley & Sons, NY, 1957
(sss) " Different Dirt, FAA Rejects fill plan to extend airport runway in Albuquerque"< Highline News, January 29,1997, page A1
(ttt) "Environmental Assessment for Proposed Improvements to Runway 3-21, Albuquerque International Airport", prepared by Coffman Associates, Inc. June 1994
(uuu) Sea-Tac Noise Exposure Update, June 1982
(vvv) Draft Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Master Plan Update Development Actions at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (DSEIS), 1997.
(www) World Wildlife Fund Newsletter, "Focus", March/April 1997, Volume 19, Number 2
(xxx) "A Comparison of FAA Integrated Noise Model Flight Profiles with Profiles Observed at Seattle-Tacoma Airport" by George W Flathers, December 1981, Office of Environment and Energy Project 1494A, Contract DTFA01-82-C10003, Mitre: Metrek Division
Additional References (note changes to numbers)
1) Electronic mail, A. Brown, Myrtle Jones, Hydrologist, US Geological Services,April 16, 1998
2) Electronic Mail Gary Turney, Supervisory Hydrologist, US Geological Services, April 16, 1998
3) Leisch, Brice A. , Price, Charles E. and Walters, Kenneth, L, Geology and Ground-Water Resources of Northwestern King County, Washington, Washington State Division of Water Resources Water Study Bulletin No. 20, 1963
4) Luzier J.E., Geology and Ground-Water Resources of Southwestern King County, Washington, State Dept. of Water Resources Water Supply Bulletin No. 28, 1969
5) Richardson, Donald, Bingham J.W. and Maddison R. J., Water Resources of King County, Washington, U.S. Geological Survey Water-Supply Paper, 1852
6) Woodard, D. G. Packard, F. A., Dion, N.P. and Sumioka, S.S., Occurance and Quality of Ground Water in Southwestern King County, Washington, U. S. Geological Survey, Water- Resources Investigation Report 92-4098, 1995
7) AGI Project 16,116.001, Draft Groundwater Quality Impact Evaluation Proposed North Employee Parking Lot Seattle Tacoma International Airport, SeaTac Washington, AGI Technologies, 11 April 1997
8) AGI Project 16,116.001, Groundwater Quality Impact Evaluation Proposed North Employee Parking Lot Seattle Tacoma International Airport, SeaTac Washington, AGI Technologies, 13 June 1997
9) Request for Public Hearing and Comments on Port of Seattle File Number 96-4-02325", Notice of Application for Water Quality, From A. Brown, dated 8 January 1998
10) Wetlands/Water Hearing Comments submitted by A. Brown, April 9, 1998
(includes Sea-Tac 24 hour maximum rainfall data)
11) Wetlands/Water Hearing Cassette Tape, April/May 1997 Weekend Headliner: Safe Skies, Safe Water by Ross Simpson, NBC News Extra. Submitted by Debi Wagner at Hearing April 9, 1998 (Zinner of WA DOE interview regarding de-icer pads)
12) Hillis, Clark, Martin & Peterson," Re: Lone Star Northwest's Sand and Gravel Quarry, Maury Island", To Mark Mitchell, dated 24 February 1998
13) Hillis, Clark, Martin & Peterson," Lone Star Northwest's Sand and Gravel Quarry, Maury Island", To Fred White, dated 19 February 1998.
14) Cutler & Stanfield comments on Air Conformity Determination (contains the Univ of Florida fill calculations).
15) Cutler & Stanfield comments on Passenger Facility Charges
16) Sierra Club Cascade Sound April/May 1998 newsletter
18) Hotel correspondence B. Shurling and Port of Seattle
19) Caufman Report (1.5 dB)
20) Risk of a Fatal Large Jet Transport Bird Strike, web http:/airsafe.com/birds/birdrisk.htm
21) Twenty Worst Aviation Accidents, web http://www.primenet.com/~kebab/worst.htm
22) City reshaped: up and down, (Denny Regrade), web http://www.seattletimes.com:80/education/centennial/march/reshaped.html
20) Draft NPDES, for SeaTac Airport (incomplete title), 1997
23) NPDES for SeaTac Airport (incomplete title), 1998
24) Comments on Sea-Tac Airport Draft NPDES, A. Brown, 10 December 1997.
25) NPDES Proposed Waste Discharge Permit No. WA-002465-1, Port of Seattle, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, Response to Comments, Public Meeting Held November 3, 1997 and November 10, 1997, prepared by Lisa Zinner, P.E. 20 February 1998.
26) Conveyer Presentation to Des Moines City Council
27) Comments on Sea-Tac Airport SEIS due 31 March 1997, From A. M. Brown, To FAA, Dennis Ossenkop, 28 March 1997
28) Request for Public Hearing on "Port of Seattle File Number 96-4-02325", Notice of Application for Water Quality Certification and For Certification of Consistency with the Coastal Zone Management Program, From A. Brown, To Corps of Engineers & DOE, 30 December 1998
29) Public comments & written submittal, Public Hearing Port of Seattle File Number 96-4-02325", Wetlands Permit, Notice of Application for Water Quality Certification and For Certification of Consistency with the Coastal Zone Management Program From A. Brown, To Corps of Engineers & DOE, 9 April 1998
30) Third Set of Comments on "Port of Seattle File Number 96-4-02325", Wetlands Permit, Notice of Application for Water Quality Certification and For Certification of Consistency with the Coastal Zone Management Program, From A. Brown, To Corps of Engineers & DOE, 15 April 1998
31) Addendum to Third Set of Comments on "Port of Seattle File Number 96-4-02325", Wetlands Permit, Notice of Application for Water Quality Certification and For Certification of Consistency with the Coastal Zone Management Program, From A. Brown, To Corps of Engineers & DOE, 19 April, 1998
32) CASE comments supplied in meeting held 15 May 1998, Col. Rigsby and J. Freedman
33) Des Moines Creek Basin Plan, Des Moines Creek Basin Committee, City of Sea-Tac, City of Des Moines, Port of Seattle, and King County, November 1997
34) "Toxics: Out of Site but on our minds", Sound & Straits Newsletter, Volume 8, Number 1, People for Puget Sound, February 1998, pg 7 ["Puget Sound...some of the most severely contaminated sediments in the country"]
35) Public Hearing on DOE and Port of Seattle Agreement on Ground Water Study at Airport, Burien Library, May 21,1997
36) Comments on DOE and Port of Seattle Agreement on Ground Water Study at Airport, To DOE, Roger Nye, From A. Brown, dated 8 June 1997
37) "Runway Project to Start Again", Highline News, Pg. A6, by Marc Stiles, 11 December 1996 (Runway Safety Area 1996 20,000 trucks only able to haul 350,000 of the 450,000)
38) Memorandum of Agreement or memo?, From Anita Frankel of EPA Region 10, To Lowell Johnson, FAA NW Mountain Region, Regarding requiring delay in construction of North Terminal to comply with Air Conformity, 23 August 1996
39) Supplemental Environmental Impact Statement for the Proposed Master Plan Update Development Actions at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, 1997.
40) US Department of Transportation FAA, Northwest mountain Region, Record of Decision for the Master Plan Update development Actions, Sea-Tac International Airport, 3 July 1997
41) "1997 Air Quality Annual report for Washington State", WA DOE Publication Number 97-208.
42) "1997 Air Quality Data Summary", WA DOE Publication Number 98-212.
43) "Sea-Tac International Airport Proposed Third Runway Project", To Corps of Engineers Jonathan Freedman, From Joseph A. Pobiner, AICP, Associate Principal, Director - The PGAL Planning Group. 14, April 1998 (earthen berm seismic potential, slide, storm water-run-off issues)
44) Part 150 Passenger Facility Charge Application, Port of Seattle for Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, 1995
45) Part 150 Passenger Facility Charge Application, Port of Seattle for Seattle-Tacoma International Airport, 1998
46) Meeting, Corps of Engineers (Col. Rigsby, J. Freedman), RCAA (A. Furney), CASE (A. Brown, J. Bartlemay, L. Corvari), Seattle Headquarters, 15 May 1998. (Included seismic maps, bird hazard and runway incursion data)
47) Meeting, Corps of Engineers (J. Freedman, T. Mueller (part time), G. Terzi), RCAA (A. Furney), CASE (A. Brown, L. Corvari), C. Gower, Seattle Headquarters, 7 August 1998
48) Meeting, Corps of Engineers (J. Freedman, G. Terzi), RCAA (A. Furney), CASE (L. Corvari), C. Gower, Seattle Headquarters, xx 1998
49) Seattle Citizen TV Show, Topic (not the official title) Cedar Water shed - How to save salmon, Guests Charles Raines Cascade and Director Gale of Seattle Public Utilities, 9 August 1998.
50) Letter From Dan Caldwell, Regarding use of Highline Water by Seattle during early 1990's El nine weather, Provided to Corps of Engineers by CASE in 1998.
51) Letter, From Jennifer Belcher, Director of Public Lands, Dept. of Natural Resources, To Arlene Brown, dated 18 June 1997 (Confirms Surface Mine Land Reclamation Permit needed for borrow pit sites 1, 2 and 3)
52) Supplemental SEPA Determination and SEPA Determination of Non-Significance (DNS) of Proposed Action, Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Master Plan Improvements - Wetland Mitigation, 6 August 1998.(Auburn Wetlands, comments due Aug 21, 1998)
53) Comments on Port's Wetlands Mitigation (in Auburn) due Aug. 21. From A. Brown, To Port of Seattle, 13 August 199
54) Letter, From Port of Seattle, Barbara Hinkle, To Arlene Brown, no title (Port's Response to A. Brown's comments on Auburn Wetlands mitigation), dated 9 September 1998 (BMPs inadequate")
Note: some of the data from the following 7 health references may be available at the www.metrokc.gov/health web site (Public Health, asthma)
55) Letter, From Heimann, Nita and Sullivan, Marianne of Seattle-King County of Department of Public Health, To Lorna Dove, Georgetown Crime Prevention and Community Council, (health statistics for census tracts 109 and 112 prepared June 1997), 20 June 1997
56) Letter, From Smyser, Michael of Seattle-King County of Department of Public Health, To Scully, Robert of the Seattle Neighborhood Planning Office, " Georgetown Health Indicators"), 20 August 1997
57) "Childhood Asthma Hospitalizations King County, 1987-1996", Public Health Data Watch, Volume 2, Number 1,Seattle-King County Department of Public Health, February 1998
58) "The Health of King County--Highlights", Public Health Data Watch, Volume 2, Number 1, Seattle-King County Department of Public Health, August 1998
59) "The Health of King County" (full report), Seattle-King County Department of Public Health, 1998
60) "Healthy Youth in King County--Highlights", Public Health Data Watch, Volume 2, Number 1, Seattle-King County Department of Public Health, October 1999.
61) "Addressing Community Health Concerns around SeaTac Airport Progress Report on the Work Plan Proposed in August 1998", prepared by WA State Dept. of Public Health, 25 February 1999.
62) "Toxicity of Aircraft De-icer and Anti-icer Solutions to aquatic Organisms", Hartwell, s. Ian, Jordahl, David M., May, Eric B., Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Tidewater Administaration, Chesapeake Bay Research and Monitoring Division, Fisheries Division, Annapolis, Maryland, May 1993.
63) "Airplane emissions: A source of mutagenic nitrated polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons", CASE Western University, Cleveland, Ohio, 1986. (nitroarenes)
64) De-icing Blamed for Pollution, Researcher says liquids entering ground water near airport", Sorenson, Eric, Seattle Times, 10 January 1999 (quotes WWU Devon Cancilla "very toxic stew")
65) "Aircraft spread deadly viruses", London Reuter, 26 June 1997,
66) "Kids Near airports don't read as well because they tune out speech, Cornell study finds", Lang, Susan, Science News, 28 April 1997.
67) "Aircraft Noise, A potential Health Hazard", Bronzaft, Arline L., Dee Ahern PhD,RN, Kathleen, Mcginn, regina, MD,FACP, January 1998.
68) Occupational Factors Associated with Astrocytomas: A Case Control Study; American Journal of Industrial Medicine
69) Air Pollution and Your Health: The Report
70) Health Effects of Outdoor Pollution; American Family Physician
71) Breathless; Natural Resources Defense Council
72) Particulate Air Pollution as a Predictor of Mortality in a Prospective Study of US Adults; Respiratory Critical Care Medicine
73) Atmospheric Reactions of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons; University of California, Riverside
74) An Association Between Air Pollution and Mortality in Six US Cities; New England Journal of Medicine
75) A critical Review of the Health Effects of Atmospheric Particulates; Toxicology and Industrial Health
76) Health Effects of Particulate Air Pollution: Time for Reassessment?; Environmental Health Perspectives
77) Environmental Risk Factors for Primary Malignant Brain Tumors; Review; Journal of Neuro-Oncology
78) "Breast Cancer & the Environment, The Estrogen Connection", by Batt, Sharon and Gross, Liza, Sierra, September/October 1999. pages 40-41.("synthetic organic estrogens, such as those in some plastics, fuels, and pesticides, appear to increase risk')
79) "Cancer County", Sierra (magazine), September/October 1999. Page 17.
80) "Air Pollution by Jet Aircraft at Seattle-Tacoma Airport"; Donaldson, Wallace r. Of National Weather Service Office Seattle-Tacoma, WA, ESSA Technical Memorandum WBTM WR 58, US Department of Commerce, Environmental Science Services Administration, Weather Bureau, salt Lake City, Utah October 1970.
81) President Clinton issued Executive Order 12898, "Federal Actions to Address Environmental Justice in Minority and Low-Income Populations", President Clinton, 11 February 1994.
82) "No sugar coating this report on carcinogens", US News & World Report, 27 September 1999(National Toxicology Program year 2000 Report on carcinogens to increase risk for 1-3, butadiene, ethylene oxide (antifreeze) , dioxin & 10 others)
83) EPA Web site for some chemicals and their hazards: www.epa.ttn/uatw/hlthef/.Need to access via www.epa.gov.
84) Acrolein data on EPA site www.epa.ttn/uatw/hlthef/acrolein.html
85) Arsenic data on EPA site www.epa.ttn/uatw/hlthef/arsenic.html
86) Benzene data on EPA site www.epa.ttn/uatw/hlthef/benzene.html
87) 1,3-Butadiene data on EPA site www.epa.ttn/uatw/hlthef/butadien.html
88) Formaldehyde data on EPA site www.epa.ttn/uatw/hlthef/formalde.html
89) EPA, Integrated Risk Assessment Information System www.epa.gov/npispgm3/iris/
90) Los Angeles Air Toxicity at www.house.gov/waxman (benzene, butadiene, formaldehyde)
91) Environmental Defense Fund web site www.edf.org, link to scorecard (pollution by zip code)
92) From Frost of DOE, To A. Brown per her request, 1998-1999 air pollution data from special SeaTac study. Report to be published soon. November 1999
93) "Rock, Andrea, "Toxicville", Ladies Home Journal, September 1999. Pg 106-109, 114-116.
94) "Atmospheric Transformation of Air toxics: Benzene, 1,3-Butadiene and Formaldehyde" available at www.epa.gov:80/ordizux/regs/toxics/airtoxla.pdf
95) SeaTac Air Quality - Final Report, ESL-ET59, (POS 20383 stamped on it), by Adams, R, Hulet, B., Ramras, D., Seidman, H. et al, ESL Incorporated, 28 June 1973 (750% formaldehyde limit) Available Health section of CAW website www.nonoise.org/quietnet/us-caw/
96) Mobile Source Hazardous Air Pollutant Emissions in the Sea-Tac Urban Area. Radian Corp, 1994.
97) Crutcher, E. R., To Moore, Shawn of AMTEST, Microlab test report 036-95, AMTEST #95-03664-03667, 2 March 1995. (clotheline, gutter, rafter) (copy in one of the EIS's)
98) Air Quality Survey Sea-Tac International Airport. McCulley, Frick & Gillman, Inc., 1995.
99) Comments on Frick SeaTac Air report by Debi DesMarias/(now Wagner) Available Health section of CAW website www.nonoise.org/quietnet/us-caw/
100) 1996-1997 Carbon Monoxide Saturation Study Sea-Tac International Airport Area. Washington State Department of Ecology (WSDOE) ,1997.
101) Illinois EPA Strategy for Continued Assessment of O'Hare Airport Air Toxics Emissions Impact on Surrounding Communities, Skinner, Thomas Director Illinois EPA, Proposal 28 June 1999.
102) "Estimation and Evaluation of Cancer Risks Attributed to Air Pollution in Southwest Chicago", by Summerhays, John, US EPA, Region 5 Chicago Illinois, September 1989.
103) "Estimation and Evaluation of Cancer Risks Attributed to Air Pollution in Southwest Chicago." ViGYAN Inc. to US-EPA Region V. 1993. p. B-33.
104) Memorandum of Agreement, Air Quality Monitoring Program Activities Relating to the Seattle-Tacoma International Airport Vicinity, EPA, DOE, PSABCA, Port of Seattle, dated 10 October 1996
105) Letter, "Lack of Enforcement of Requirements to Use State Facilities", from Senator Julia Patterson, To Sid Morrison, Secretary Washington State Department of Transportation, dated November 19,1998 (truck hauling)
106) "Air Traffic and Operational data on Selected US Airports with Parallel Runways, by Doyle, Thomas M., McGee, Frank G, NASA /CR-1998-207675, May1998 )file AB S1)
107) "Runway incursions Affect An Airline Pilot Every Other Day", by Capt. Tom , Air Line Pilot, February 1999 (ALPA web site under Publications) (file AB S1)
108) "Financial Commitments needed to enhance the safety of the airport and air traffic control system", John O'Brien Director Engineering & air Safety Department ALPA, testimony before Subcommittee on Aviation US House of Representatives, 4 February 1999 (ALPA web site) (file AB S1)
109) "Parallel runway requirement analysis study" Volume 1, NASA-CCCR-191549-VOL-1, by Ebrahimi, Yaghoob S. 1 December 1993
110) "Parallel runway requirement analysis study, Simulation manual" Volume 2, NASA-CCCR-191549-VOL-2, by Ebrahimi, Yaghoob S. 1 December 1993
111) "Reliability Modeling and Methodology for Independent Approaches on parallel Runway Safety Analysis, by Babcock, P., Shor, A. and Rosch, G. NASA CR-198-207660, April 1998. (file AB S1)
112) "Why a Little More Traffic Makes a Lot More Runway Incursions", by Lounsbury, Lincoln, Air Line Pilot, May 1999 (ALPA web site) (grow exponentially) (file AB S1)
113) "Results of Monitoring King County Wetland Mitigations", by Anna Mockler et al, King County Dept. Of Development and Environmental Services, 4 August 1998.
114) "Evaluation of Retaining Wall/Slope Alternatives to Reduce Impacts to Miller Creek, Embankment Station 174+00 to 186+00", prepared by HNTB and/or Hart Crowser, Inc.(no reponsible person or organization listed on report), 1999.
115) Letter, To Tom Luster of DOE, From Jerald LaVassar, DOE, "Evaluation of Retaining Wall/Slope Alternatives to Reduce Impacts to Miller Creek, Embankment Station 174+00 to 186+00" dated 9 August 1999
116) Letter. To Robert T. Maruska of HNTB, From Thomas M. Gurtowski of Shannon & Wilson, dated 27 March 1999.
117) Koshusho, Takegi (Prof Chui Univ), "Water Film in Liquified Sand and Its Effect on Lateral Spread", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, ISSN 1090-0241, Volume 125, Number 10, October 1999, pgs 817-831. (ongoing deformation, embankment loading)
118) Lee, K. M., Shen, C. K., Leung, D.H.K. and Mitchell, J. K., "Efffects of Placement Method on Geotechnical Behavior of Hydraulic Fill Sands", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoe